[ddots-l] band-in-a-box 2006 and accessibility

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Blind Folks and their use of midi <midi-mag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 12:05:50 -0500

Right on schedule, PG Music has released a new version of Band-in-a-Box. Since I always upgrade my copy, I've already placed my order. Anyway, in the comments field i briefly 1. described my situation as a blind user using a screenreader (JAWS)
2. thanked them for providing scripts for an older version of the program (I believe this was 11 or 12) and
3. asked if they had any plans to revive these scripts and update them to reflect changes in the Band-in-a-Box screen and user interface. Last, I thanked them for reading and for at least thinking about accessibility issues.

I know that in the past they didn't develop the scripts themselves, but rather, used ones developed by a user. However, they were more than happy at the time to provide the scripts on their Web site. So, if any other visually-impaired folks upgrade their copy of Band-in-a-Box, please consider making similar comments so they are aware of our needs.

Generally, I have always found PG Music's customer service/tech support to be extraordinarily good, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if we could get somewhere with this!

Chris