[ddots-l] another difficulty with the FW1884

  • From: "Greg Brayton" <Greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 05:58:36 -0400

It seems to want to cause a lot of gliching noises, some dropping out, and
sometimes a little stop and start studdering action. Quite a bit more than I
had with my motu. I have a new chip fire wire card with a texas instrument chip
set, and on the FW control pannel, my latency is set to 50 percent. Anything
else and it really gets funny. I've tried the buffers at, 256 and 512, and that
doesn't seem to make a difference. Anything else I might try before doing a
clean install of windows XP? Most of the time it'll play through a song, not
hang up, but still make a few of those poping or glitching sounds. Then again
when I use even a couple big sounds from dimension, it wants to bog down. Once
I freeze the synth it's better at least in the bogging down department but we
still get the noisey behavior. Took a lot more than that to make the MOTU go
fuzzy. I know aew of you are using this board with no trouble, and if a re
install is what I need to do, that's what will happen, but if there's anything
I might try first, I'd like to hear about it.
Thanks for any thoughts.
http://www.gbrayton.com
http://www.myspace.com/gbrayton
http://www.sonicbids.com/GregBrayton