[ddots-l] Re: acapellas

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 20:59:08 -0400

If you're a big producer, you don't need one. You're probably using the track
in something commercial, and so will be licensing the material, or else you've
been contracted to produce a remix. Either way, you'll probably get the
original multitrack , so no need for high tech tricks.

Bryan

On Jul 6, 2011, at 8:42 PM, Omar Binno wrote:

Do big producers with the high end equipment have a clean way of doing it, or
is everyone pretty much using the same methods these days?
From: Dominique<mailto:40493raywonder@xxxxxxxxx>
    Hello:
I think that it depends on how it was recorded in terms of stereo positioning
etc.  I frankly have never heard any of that stuff really do a convincing job
of it.
GOrdSent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 8:51 PM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Omar Binno<mailto:omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>

Yes, reaper.
I'm still trying to figure out how you'd do it, but for the most part, it
should work.

On 7/2/2011 6:00 PM, Omar Binno wrote:
Hello,

It seems that sighted folks have the ability to extract the vocals from songs
using programs like audacity, hence they are able to have an acapella of the
song. Do blind users have that means with any programs?

Thanks.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net<http://www.bigoproductions.net/>