[ddots-l] Re: about reason drum software

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:51:05 -0400

Hello, if you are speaking of Propellerheads Reason:
It is not just a drum software, it is a sequencer, multiple synthesizers,
various samplers and effects unit all in ones. It does have a drum sampler
built in.
It unfortunately is not at all accessible to us after version 3.0. Before
that, version 2.5 was usable to the point where if you learned the system
well you could inser synths and manipulate them, as well as load instrumen
patches. You could even do some midi editing with a midi controller if it
had good support (templates and presets) for reason.
Unfortunately now reason 2.5 is out dated, specially now that everyone's
moving to64bit systems; the rewire interface for reason2.5 was 32bit only,
and it does not work under the 64bit platform.
I suppose there are other ways of getting around this, say using virtual
midi cables and setting it up that way, or perhaps running a dedicated farm
for it etc. It wasn't worth my time or energy, so I sold my copy when I
moved to a 64bit system.
The sounds are great, and the newer versions have added even more better
sounding stuff, but it's not something that's out of this world, there are
most definitely better things out there, and for all the stuff I used on
reason, I've been able to find alternatives, either by tweaking stuff or
purchasing other things...
If you're speaking of some other software, then sorry lol.

HTH, D!J!X!

  _____