[ddots-l] Work station for Dancing Dots products

  • From: "Mario Markovina" <mariomarkovina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dancing dots" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 23:06:55 +0100

Hi all!

I have a seven years old computer, now good only for the trash container. I
want to buy a

new one for my studio, and can spend arround 1000 euros.  I am planning to use
it only for

Cakewalk with caketalking scripts, and Goodfeel with Jaws 11. Few days ago I
went to the

computer shop, and they gave me a offering that looks like this:

motherboard Asrock P67 Extreme6 B3
processor Intel Core i5-2500 K Soc 1155
cooler Zalman CPU cooler -CNPS11X EXTREME
memory Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1600 C8
grafic kard XFX HD5450 512MB, HDMI, passive
hard disc Seagate, 2TB, 64MB, 6Gb/s, Barracuda
LG DVD-RW
tower ZALMANZ9 PLUS

 Price in cash : 1200 dolars.

I am only a musician, and don't know much about computers, so I need an advice.
 I am now

using a Tascam US-144MKII, and i am considering to aquire Mackie Onyx.
In  my studio I am planning to record mostly audio, it will be acapella
singing, small

chamber orchestras and bands, but there will be midi to.

There is another matter, Which OS do you recommand, XP or Windows 7? I red in
the tutorials

for sonar that I must install 32 bit version even if it is running on windows 7
64 bit, but

in this list i found out that lots of you folks are using 64 bit cakewalk
program! Did i

miss update or missunderstood something?!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Mario