[ddots-l] Windows 10 Upgrade Prevention

  • From: "albertm13@xxxxxxxx" <albertm13@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 12:25:21 GMT

Hi, I recently ran into the situation where I didn't have KB3035583 installed
and I was not able to install any updates because of the Windows 10 upgrade. I
was able to fix it by making a simple registry change. It seems less extreme
than doing a system restore. It will also prevent Microsoft from forcing it on
you in the future (as the article Gerald Levy gave us warns they will). First,
I need to warn you that making a mistake editing your registry can cause more
problems so if you've never edited the registry, you probably should ask for
help. Here are two links to articles about backing up your
registry.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/back-up-registryhttp://www.pcworld.com/article/158651/backup_registry.html
Here is the key and
value:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade]
"AllowOSUpgrade"=dword:00000000 Albert ---------- Original Message ----------
To: ddots-l digest users <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ddots-l Digest V3 #216
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 01:11:26 -0500 (EST)

ddots-l Digest Sun, 01 Nov 2015 Volume: 03 Issue: 216

In This Issue:
[ddots-l] Re: Fwd: [BlindGeekZone] Beware! Microsoft Plans t
[ddots-l] Problem for loading library in a sonar project
[ddots-l] Re: Problem for loading library in a sonar project

From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Fwd: [BlindGeekZone] Beware! Microsoft Plans to Push Win
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 07:03:31 -0500

That would be the safest way to do it yes. Or quickly disable wifi as soon as
windows loads.

HTH, D!J!X!

From: Gerald Levy <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx> >
Date: October 30, 2015 at 3:28:36 PM CDT
To: blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BlindGeekZone] Beware! Microsoft Plans to Push Windows 10 On Even
More Windows 7 and 8 Systems
<blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >

If you&rsquo;re not ready yet to upgrade to Windows 10, you need to read this
article:

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/10/30/beware-microsoft-plans-to-push-windows-10-on-even-more-windows-7-and-8-systems/

Gerald

---
To unsubscribe from the list, send a message to:

for other options, visit:

Blindgeekzone-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:Blindgeekzone-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the quotes), and you
will get back a message with instructions.

Archives can be found at:

http://blind-geek-zone.net/mailman/private/blindgeekzone_blind-geek-zone.net/

Note: You will need your username and password to access them

------------------------------

From: "Philippe Balin" <philippe.balin@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [ddots-l] Problem for loading library in a sonar project
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 14:17:41 +0100

Hi the list,
When I load some projects, I have a window which opens for samples mising.
I know why, it's a problem of path to reach the right Kontakt5 libary but I can
solve the problem because I have no Jaws accessi to the samples missing windows.
To solve that I need to clic on browse folder button which is in the samples
missing window.
But Jaws in this .indow reads nothing.
I tried OCR Jaws function without any success.
Is someone knows how to have a Jaws access to this button or anotherway to
solve the samples missing in Sonar.
Without solution, I can't load my presets in Sonar.
Thanks for your help.
Philippe

------------------------------

From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Problem for loading library in a sonar project
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 19:16:03 -0500

Steve&rsquo;s HSC set has those buttons spotted. If you can use the kontakt set
in that window because the sonar set is active, manually switch to the kontakt
set and use the appropriate spot for the browse or abort button.

HTH, D!J!X!

When I load some projects, I have a window which opens for samples mising.

I know why, it's a problem of path to reach the right Kontakt5 libary but I can
solve the problem because I have no Jaws accessi to the samples missing windows.

To solve that I need to clic on browse folder button which is in the samples
missing window.

But Jaws in this .indow reads nothing.

I tried OCR Jaws function without any success.

Is someone knows how to have a Jaws access to this button or anotherway to
solve the samples missing in Sonar.

Without solution, I can't load my presets in Sonar.

Thanks for your help.

Philippe

End of ddots-l Digest V3 #216

Will You Take Advantage of the HARP Mortgage Relief Program?
HARP Gives Homeowners a Once In A Lifetime Mortgage Bailout A forgotten
mortgage stimulus program that was passed by Obama to help the middle class has
been uncovered. The program is called HARP, which stands for the Home
Affordable Refinance Program. The program itself is totally free, and gives
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5637566ede24f566e4946st04duc