[ddots-l] UserScripting in Sonar with CT

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 22:50:36 -0500

In my last post, I asked about labelling graphics & creating frames for plugin GUI's. Well, in the true spirit of research, I answered the question to my own satisfaction, and I think people on list will find the answer interesting and useful.

I have been able to make the RealGuitar softsynth virtually entirely accessible down to the last minutia of the GUI via graphics labelling and frames. It seems CT doesn't mind the user creating .jgf & jff files for Sonar which is great news for us. With some sighted assistance you can set up frames and label graphics for whatever you're able to label and frame. You can also mess around with the default graphics sizing for jaws to see tiny and/or extra large graphics.

What a pleasure to have full access to all the features that our sighted brethren use without a second thought. I see no reason why this ability should be limited to this plugin, and expect that all but the quirkiest GUI's can be made at least somewhat friendlier to use via frames and labels.

Brian, thanks for telling me about this softsynth. I've been looking for this thing for a couple of years ever since I started messing with Sonar. its a powerhouse, and now its fully accessible.