[ddots-l] Re: Upgrading CakeTalking and HSC

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 15:32:17 -0400

CakeTalking fully supports all the effects and synthesizers that ship with Sonar 8.53 Producer or Studio. You only need third-party HSC sets if you want to use synths or effects from other companies, that people have developed hotspot sets for.

For instance, if you are replacing or creating drum parts, and aren't happy with Sonar's Session Drummer 3 which is supported in CakeTalking, and you decide to buy Superior Drummer from Toontrack, You'll need HSC and in depth hot spot sets developed for it by Phil Muir.

It all depends what you are doing, what third-party software you may wish to use in conjunction with what already ships with Sonar, and if that software has hot spots developed for it.

Chris

At 02:32 PM 4/3/2013, you wrote:
For my self, it'll be the first time that i'll be purchassing the cake talking scripts, and since i'm fairly new in this field, i may need a few tips.

I've asked bill mccan if cake talking needs any hsc sets, and he tells me no. but it seems that cake talking does need them, can anybody give me any tips as to what hsc sets i need?

-----Original Message----- From: Kelly Sapergia
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 6:55 PM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Upgrading CakeTalking and HSC

Hi,

I just ordered CakeTalking 8.8, and while waiting for it to arrive I
followed Steve's instructions to install Build 223 of HSC for use with JFW
14. Is there anything I need to do now to get it working with Sonar?

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director