[ddots-l] Update on contact info and my equitmend that I want

  • From: "Patrick Schuppe" <p.schuppe@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Musicproduktionlist" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 22:55:25 +0200

Hi again,
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I have also many options where I can be
contacted over the Internet.
Skype username: PatrickSchuppe (running mostly of the time)
msn: DJ_Trancegate@xxxxxxxxxxx (not running often only on request, pls. no
emails to that adress)

voipbaster: PatrickSchuppe (running mostly of the time)
Yahoo: DJ_Trancegate (not running have not fixed password prooblems:-) )

Now to my equitment that I think would be best for my projekts. Everything
is taken from the dancingdots webpage.

Basic Components
? AMD 3500+ 64BIT CPU ( 2.0GHZ) 1MB CACHE PROCESSOR with Sound Max soundcard
for JAWS speech
? 7.1AUDIO/ USB2.0/ FIREWIRE / 3GB Max of ram
? 1GB DDR 3200 MEMORY ( 2 x 512mb)
? 4 INTERNAL USB 2.0 PORTS
? Drive 1: 80 GIG SATA HARD DRIVE W/8MB CACHE (see upgrade below)
? Drive 2: 120 GIG SATA HARD DRIVE W/ 8MB CACHE (see upgrade below)
? 10/100 Ethernet Port (On Board)
? ALTEC LANSING SPEAKERS FOR JAWS SPEECH
? 3.5 FLOPPY DRIVE
? DVD+/- RW Combo Drive
? X550 256mb PCI- E Video Card
? AOPEN 300WATT CASE
? AUDIOPHILE 2496 HIGH-END PCI SOUNDCARD: 2x2 Analog I/O with MIDI, & S/PDIF
I/O (Is it possible to have more then 2 or 3 sound cards in the system?)
? OEM WINDOWS XP HOME EDT
? BLACK KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO

now to the upgraded components:
  Select Upgrade from 1 gig to 4 gig - $498
  Upgrade Drive 1 from 80 gig to 200 Gig drive - $99
  Upgrade Drive 2 from 120 gig to 200 Gig drive - $119

Software:

Upgrade the version of Windows installed on the workstation to XP Pro ($99).

A question hhere: What works best with the Software ( I mean XP home, pro or
win2000) to produce?

add installation of Ms Office 2003 Pro {Word, Publisher, PowerPoint,
Outlook, Excel, Access} ($399).

add a Durable Titanium Sled for a removable hard drive ($99).

Jaws for Windows, Professional Edition
List Price $1095

I will install my own antivirus and online proowider software when the
computer arrives.

Music software:

CakeTalking 5.0 for SONAR 5
from Dancing Dots

and CakeTalking 4.0 for SONAR 4
from Dancing Dots
 until 5.0 is relased.
Same with SONAR 4 and 5.

Below is a discription of what I have and what I want to do.

Other equitmend:
My Information on MIDI Musical Equipment is not so big.
So I need to know what I need to make it work. I know I need a master midi
kayboard and a midi interface.

A question here: What additional hardware is needed to get full control over
all funktions of  CakeTalking and Cakewalk SONAR,

So now to what I have and what I want to do:

I have 3 syntis here
Access Virus B
 Roland JP8080
 CLAVIA | NORD RACK 1 (NORDLEAD)

All of the 3 are desktop syntis meaning without kayboard that was a very bad
suprise for me to from buying it from ebay. I thought they have kayboards:-)
But now I know how to make them work.

I want to produce Dance/techno/trance music. With the 3 syntis I allready
have the sounds are not the big problem but the recording and sampling and
sequencing. I also want to start using virtual syntis later when I know how
the basics work.
I have looked for hardware components but everything out there is to
complex.

What is not in there yet is the master midi kayboard  because I do not know
witch one to take. For me it is very importend that it has a lot of sliders,
not to many menues but easy menues. What do you think is also very importen
for us as blind users?

Also I do not know witch midi interface I should take and what I need to be
aware of.

Also I am thinking of witch sound card would be best for me. It should have
lots of imputs. I have not realy planed yet what I exaktly need here.

Hm, I think thats enough for the first time.

I am open for discosion suggestions and feedback is very welcome and very
much apprecated.
Also I would like to know witch expirences you have made over the time.
Later I will discribe how I would produce a music track and you can let me
know if it is possible to do so.

Best regards here from Germany
Patrick Schuppe