[ddots-l] Transposing my keyboard.

  • From: "Kevin L. Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ctsonarbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:45:11 -0800

Is there a way to transpose my keyboard up an octave so that the notes
C0-G#0 are physically available to me?  I have a copy of Giga Studio and
I was looking at a string patch that had key switches operated on the
keys below the lowest A on the piano.  My 88 key controller stops, as
you might expect, at A0.  I realize I can't use the transpose dialog in
SONAR, nor can I use the key transpose column.  I need something by
which I can transpose the keyboard in such a way that the first octave
of the keyboard is playing the notes below the range of the piano.
Think of the extra keys on a Bosendorfer Imperial Grand if you've ever
seen one.  How do I do this without resetting the master tune on my Korg
Triton?
Thanks,
Kevin

** ddots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq