[ddots-l] Re: Selling Some Studio Gear

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:42:26 +0100

Hey Jack!  Always great to hear from you!  Yes, Sarah and I are doing great
thanks!  Just looking at consolidating the studio a bit.  Love the Focusrite
stuff.  Now have a Liquid 56.  Those Liquid pre-amps sound great!  Already
made parts of the control panel such as the Liquid Pree-amp settings E.G.,
presets, harmonic controls and phase buttons accessible with the
HotspotClicker set.  Started making the buttons to enable the mic prees and
line buttons accessible.  Also got a set of Focusrite Octopre MKII Dynamic
pre-amps.  These are the same as the ones in the Focusrite Pro 24, Pro 40
and Pro 56 range of sound cards.  However, they also have 8 individual
compressors.  These should be ideal for recording drums.  Was very happy
with my Octopre with it's ADAT card fitted however, because they are class A
pre-amps it gets quite warm and they recommend putting that in a rack,
leaving 1 U of space above it.  Once I have sold that and the FW-1884 then,
I may get another Focusrite MKII Dynamic and put that in the 1 U of space
that I have left in the rack.  That would give me 24 channels of inputs
which would be more than enough for recording a live band.

Regards, Phil Muir
Accessibility Training
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021
UK +44-1747-821-794