[ddots-l] SV: Re: Audio Tutorials for Sonar

  • From: "Henrik Leander" <henrik.leander@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 09:31:22 +0200

Hi Darren. Sounds interesting to me as well with Audio Tutorials.
My main suggestion would be "the rough guide for final mixing". I guess this
is as much about how to think as what steps to take. And therefore an audio
tutorial would be perfect with some listening examples.

The best way to clean all tracks up from dirt.

Using automation for effects.
How to control EQ and compression (without the presets) and know what youre
doing.
If I got an unexpected P sound from my vocal take. Is there a way of
minimizing it without trial and error? Or to get a sighted person to look at
the eq graphs?
How to use the mastering tools in Sonar.

My point is not to include everything. Its more like geting a sort of flow
in it. So you'd get an example of when to do what and you could picture the
whole thing.
Best regards /Henrik