[ddots-l] Problems with Automated Recording

  • From: "Sharon Hooley" <shooley2@xxxxx>
  • To: "Cake Talking List" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:32:14 -0600

Hi all!

I'm using an
M-Audio Keystation 88 ES 88-Key MIDI Controller.  To my knowledge, I followed
the instructions given by the CakeTalking tutorial on making it's volume slider
control the volume slider in Sonar, but when I arm the volume of the track I'm
on, and press control+R to go into automated recording, it doesn't seem to
record my shapes when I fiddle with it.  I can hear the volume go up and down
when I hear the music, but I don't hear it work by itself when I play it back.
I also tried to follow the instructions to add a control surface, thinking it
might solve the problem, but my type of key station, which is identified as an
"audio device" isn't there.  So I'm confused; what else should I try?  (I'm
using outdated software, including Sonar Pro and CakeTalking 4, but I don't
want to upgrade until I make a profit.  I hope that's okay in this situation.)

Thanks!

You are cordially invited to my place for the holidays!  No need to drive to
get here; just click!

http://www.MyPowerMall.com/biz/home/52721

Sharon