[ddots-l] Problem with Event View

  • From: Johanna Herranen <jherrane@xxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:39:50 +0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

Hello from Finland!
I'm a newbie with Caketalking, and this mailing list too. I am a Finnish
blind musician who just two weeks ago started making music with Sonar 4
and CakeTalking.

When I bought Caketalking and tried to install, there was a locale and
color scheme problem. That was because I'm using Finnish Windows (I mean,
all texts etc in Finnish). Because Dancing Dots has a great support, we
could fix the locale problem. But I still have one ... with Event View.
When ever I open Event View, Jaws says something like: "This function
failed, please do a screen refresh." When I do the screen refresh, Jaws
still says the same. The problem occurs when I try to move with arrow
keys in Event View.

I have a friend here in Finland. He bought the scripts too and has the
same problem. Does anyone else had the same problem? And how did You fix
it?

The Event View is the only thing wchich fails. Other things in CakeTalking
are working well. And the tutorials are great.

Regards,

Johanna