[ddots-l] Re: Press Release: RME MADIface XT

  • From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 14:57:44 -0400

I'll either use the motu 896 which is firewire or the presonus firestudio 24, which frankly has better hardware. I've had a lot of trouble with motu stuff lately, switches going bad and xlr plugs that won't release, they still use those big locking tabs on them which most other gear has done away with. It does have the advantage of having a good monitor cue system with reverb and eq and such, and with the ocr function in jaws it may be accessible but I have several input channels that don't work etc. With the firestation, I have an additional presonus 8 channel a to d converter with mic pres and I have the focusright octapre which I can connect to the light pipe inputs for 24 inputs, which I'll want to have when I get the synclavier and I'll just plug a lot of my other hardware in so I'll always be able to record them as audio. I'll get the uad quad pci card for the uad plugs.

Gord

-----Original Message----- From: D!J!X!
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:08 AM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Press Release: RME MADIface XT

Yea, I agree; appollo sounds nice on paper, but the price tag alone plus
needing to have the gear in place, though I don't doubt the convertion
quality and effects are worth it. I didn't see a price for the RME, but yea,
probably expensive. What card are you going to put in the new machine? RME?

Regards, D!J!X!