[ddots-l] Re: OT cell phones for the blind

  • From: Audrey Levine <audrey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:49:47 -0400

Hi Omar,

I am also a Verizon subscriber and I have the LG4500 which talks. You need to have the phone in "Driver Mode" and you can tell it to "Call someone" "Digit Dial" or "contact" which will ask you to "read, erase, or create a contact". It also will tell you the current time and date, as well as phone status (battery power, strength of service, and E911 support).

        You can see it at any Verizon store.

I don't benefit in any way from Verizon; I just want to help because I was frustrated with inaccessible phones until I found this one.

        Take care, and good luck.

                                Audrey