[ddots-l] OT: Need quick, reliable, and cheap guitar repair around New York city/Westchester as soon as possible!

  • From: Cameron Strife <cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:49:30 -0500

Hi.  I know this is OT but I need help quick.  I bought a b stock guitar
from musicians friend and it showed up damaged.  An ESP ltd KH603.  very
cool axe actually!  It was a b stock item though and due to the reduced
price, they won't replace it or pay for the repair.  When I called them
about it before the purchase, they said that it would have a dent or scratch
or a slight finish flaw but they couldn't tell me what it was exactly.
There was only one left so I went for it.  there is a crack in the finish
from the pickup selector switch around the pots and up past the trem cavity
to the side of the bridge pickup.  This is more then a dent or scratch!  The
crack is pretty bad because it's not even level.  I don't know what happened
to this.  The neck and electronics seem fine though.  They said that if I
send it back, they can issue me a full refund in two to three weeks,
however, they have no other models of this guitar in stock so they can't
replace the instrument.  I am royally annoyed.  Anyways, I need to find
someone around the New York city/Westchester area who can do finish repair
and help me with the setup.  It's a Floyd rose floating trem.  I set the
spring tension and action but it's got some intimation issues and the neck
needs a truss rod adjustment which I don't want to do as I can't do the
measurements.

If anyone could point me to someone around here, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Cameron.