[ddots-l] Novation Keyboards

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dancing Dots" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "midimag" <midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 01:26:16 +0100

Hi
Apologies for bringing up so many questions, but hopefully things will settle
down soon.
I'm looking at keyboards to work withBand in a Box and Sonar, mainly for
computer input, but also for the odd concert and bit of studio work.
I've been looking at M-Audio's Axium 49 and 61 keyboards. As I'm buying this
for myself for computer input, but for others to play in concerts and studio,
will it matter too much if I go for the 49 keys or to cover most eventualities
am I best to take the 61 keys. )I'm also looking for something not too bulky,
pretty portable.
Secondly I've also seen the  Novation Intelligent keyboards which can control
computer synths and programs like Sonar. At first getting one of these seemed
ideal for a blind person as they can I presume work like a control surface.
Would it help in accessing some of these more difficult synths e.g. Garriton
Personal Orchestra? Also if I was using this keyboard , would the computer
speak whatever was being controlled by it?
I'm slowly getting to grips with all this, but I apologise if my questions are
basic for most of you.
Regards.
Gordon McFarlane