[ddots-l] Mp3 encoder problem

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:00:30 -0600

Guys,
        I know this is a stretch but..  I have Sonar 3 on my laptop.  My DAW
with Sonar 8 is in the shop.  I made a bunch of audio clips that I want to
render as mp3s.  For some reason, when I select mp3 as a file type to
export, the mixdown process begins but then a message appears that says,
can't launch mp3 encoder.  I've reinstalled my mp3 encoder I bought from
Cakewalk years ago.  At least, I think I have.  However, no luck.  How can I
look into this and find out whether I do in fact have an mp3 encoder on my
computer?  Why did the installation fail even though it said it was
successful?
Best,
Kevin