[ddots-l] Re: More on my sidechainingproblem

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 16:16:05 -0500

no problem. It's a neat technique. You can also sidechain to gates and create all sorts of interesting rhythmic effects.

At 03:54 PM 11/25/2015, you wrote:

That must have been it. Now it works. The bass compressing was also hard to hear at first, green as I am to this effect. When I sidecompressed a synthlead to a snare I heard the thing clearly.

Have to start practicing thanks for your messages.

These things are allways so simple when you find the right aproach.

Tommi V
25.11.2015, 21:57, Chris Smart kirjoitti:
A short release time should make the bass recover more quickly after each kick instance.

At 01:56 PM 11/25/2015, you wrote:
I now created a send for the kick and found the sonitus compressor input from that sends list. It seems that the kick drum is now sending data to the compressor, but when I tweak the compressors settings all the bassnotes take the full effect in. Not just the notes under the kick.

Dear God of electronics. It would have been beautifull if this could have for once been simple. :D

Youtube and the internet didn't exactly explode in my face with information when I googled these issues earlier, but have to give them a nother try. :)

Have to also check on that alternate effect mentioned in previous reposts. Could be usefull.

Thanks for the tips. I'm now close, wery close... To the solution.

Tommi V

--- <http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=635671&u=1109457&m=54749&urllink=&afftrack=>Learn to meditate and train your brain with Muse, the first lab-grade EEG biofeedback headband for home use!