[ddots-l] Re: MIDI channel and voice assignments

  • From: "Data" <data@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 15:07:59 -0700

Dani,
Sweet! Thanks! I'll give that a shot!
-Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dani L Pagador
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:25 PM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: MIDI channel and voice assignments

Hi, Andy.
I looked through my notes on working with MIDI in Lime and found this from
Bill. Hope it's what you need.

"Lime can assign the notes from each staff to a different MIDI instrument or
sound and then play back all parts for you.  You must assign each staff to a
separate MIDI channel and then insert a "General MIDI" annotation at the
start of each part.

Move to the first note or rest in the part.

Press ALT+V, C or Voice | Voice On Channel.

Type in a MIDI channel value from 1 to 16.

To assign a particular MIDI sound to that staff:

Move to the first note or rest in the part.

Press ALT+A, X, I or Annotations | Text Assistant | General MIDI.

Select an instrument group and then a particular instrument within that
group.  For example, to choose an oboe sound, select "Reeds" as the group.
Then tab once into the list of instruments and scroll down to "Oboe".
Similarly, to select a flute sound,   group choose "pipes" and the group and
then "Flute".

Note: For some weird reason, Lime does not change it's playback when you
load a different Lime file.  Accordingly, you must sometimes insert a
general MIDI annotation for piano in a file that used to just play piano
automatically.  That's because Lime defaults to a piano sound until you use
ALT+A, X, I to select a new sound.  But then Lime uses that sound as the
default until you change again!

Also, Lime does not apply general MIDI annotations until you play the
project back in tempo by using the Hear option (CONTROL+H)."

More Later,
Dani