[ddots-l] Re: Keyboard finding

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 07:54:02 -0700

I have a Roland FP-3 and there are no instrument definition files for it.
However I can work with it just fine by using a default GM IDF. Not all the 128
sounds are possible on the Roland, but the 41 built-in instruments, and about
30 others do play back from Sonar, and are mapped correctly.

I think the problem is more basic than instrument definition files.

Have you gone to your MIDI devices dialog and located your keyboard there? If
it's not there, then I suspect that you need to see if any drivers are required
for the USB to work as MIDI.

Dave