[ddots-l] Fwd: [sib-access] Accessibility documentation for Sibelius 7.51

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 13:09:35 -0400

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:06:09 -0500
From: Kevin L Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx>
Subject: [sib-access] Accessibility documentation for Sibelius 7.51
To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

guys,
As some of you may know, Gordon Kent and I have been working on special documentation for Sibelius 7.51 for use with an VDA. The link to this documentation is below.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/how_to/Sibelius-Accessibility-for-the-Visually-Impaired-User

Please unzip the file and read the documentation very carefully before asking any questions. We have done our very best to give as clear a picture of what is possible with Sibelius as we could. We have also gone out of our way to make clear just what this new solution can't do. In many ways, it is not as comprehensive as Sibelius 5.25 was when combined with Dan's Sibelius Access solution. However, with the demise of XP, and the disappearance of Sibelius 5.25 as a viable purchase option, we feel that it is in the best interest of the community to actively consider the pros and cons of the solution Gordon and I helped to refine.

I'm placing this note here so that it is its own top level conversation thread. As I said above, please read the documentation at least twice, maybe more, before asking us specific questions. We are not a substitute for Avid's technical support. But we understand the product from the point of view of our community. also, neither cord nor I are full time tech support people. We are not paid by Avid to deal with any of this. We undertook this entirely as a matter of enlightened self interest, nothing more.

HTH,
Kevin