[ddots-l] Fw1884 midi port confusion

  • From: "Aregullin, Manuel" <Manuel_Aregullin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:07:27 -0700

Hi everyone,
My fw1884 is working good, however, I'm not having luck getting midi signals
from my keyboard to the fw1884 in order to drive the Cakewalk TTS1 sounds.
1. I've connected up another synth to my midi out port on my master
keyboard, to ensure that I'm sending a signal.
2. I've used the midi demos in Sonar to make sure that I can get sounds out
of the cakewalk TTS1 virtual synth and I've also been able to direct the
midi signals to my master keyboard which has external speakers on it. So I
know midi can get to my keyboard.
3. What I'm confused about is when I select my midi devices. Tascam tech
support told me to click "midi control" as my input device and then click
Move to top. It didn't move to the top and I don't have any of the other
midi ports selected. Do I need to select the midi ports as well as the midi
control option in the inputs dialog?
I have tried to select  midi port 1, but then my transport controls stopped
working. I've kind of run out of ideas for how to get my master keyboard to
drive the sounds out of the virtual synth in Sonar.
Any ideas.
Thanks
Manny