[ddots-l] Educational reading on digital recording for a two inch tape guy?

  • From: "Billy Ray Legendary" <legendary1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:00:13 -0700

Hey, Guys!

I am not currently a Cake Talking owner, but soon, soon, very soon... at least, I am hopeful! (smiling and lusting)

I was trained in two inch tape, so the digital animal is still new to me. No, I am not totally ignorant, and indeed I have already produced some projects using a very cryptic system of multitrack recording, but I still could use some catching up.

Does anyone know of some good reading material on the digital multitrack recording subject, that is, and here is the catch, in audio format? It is one thing to read about a certain effect, but it is quite another to actually hear it. Even more, to hear it appropriately applied to a song, instrument, or vocal.

Okay, you have your work cut out for you. Bring on all of the suggestions of any, and I do mean any, books, MP3s, tutorials, or virtually anything that has helped you get acquainted with digital multitrack recording.

Thanks in advance, and after being on this list for only a day or so, I count it a privilege to be here among you guys!

Billy

Speak soon,

Billy Ray Legendary
Investment Czar & Power Broker
Sticks and Bricks Investments
"Relationships based on mutual respect and cashed checks!"
Phone: (509) 393-0001
Email wherever I am: BRLNews1@xxxxxxxxx
Email me at home: Legendary1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.BlindOffers.com (Coming Soon!)
"Every offer I make is a 'blind' offer!"

seeing people towards them."
-- Helen Keller, 1925