[ddots-l] Dinosaur keeper needs help

  • From: Gudrun Brunot <gbrunot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:34:45 -0700

Hello everyone!  Okay, I admit it--I'm one of these people who still have
CakePro Audio 9.02 with CakeTalking 2.25.  I have the version that ends
with 59, so that should be the latest one.

I've installed a new computer system that uses XP.  I have Jafw 4.02
installed, for the purpose of running CakeWalk.  I fail the color test--the
settings are supposed to be 256 and resolution 800 times 600.  Okay, I go
to my control panel, display, and Control-tab to the settings
tab.  Actually, as soon as I pass the appearance tab, the hard drive winds
down and I have to restart the system.  I've been on with Dell Tech
support, uninstalled the display adapters,  and that doesnt' help.  I've
uninstalled Jaws and tried it, but the system doesn't want to keep those
old display settings.  I've reinstalled Jaws, and am back to square
one.  Any work-around?  I've checked with Freedom Scientific, and they
suggested going to CakeWalk's compatibility tab, which I did.  Couldn't
change the settings--the 256 colors was not an option.

So, why am I still using the old program? Economics.  Also, does Sonar have
a Yamaha PSR-520 instrument definition?  CakePro Audio does, but this is a
keyboard from 1995 or so.  It's a neat one that I really like and I'd like
to keep using it.

Any advice?

Gudrun