[ddots-l] Digidesign Eleven rack with Sonar 8, any thoughts?

  • From: "Cameron" <cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 02:26:04 -0400

Hi all.  I have been doing a lot of reading on this unit, listening to sound
samples, etc.  I am looking for a pro quality direct guitar recording
solution.  I like the sounds in guitar rig 3 but the lack of accessibility
is a pain.

Supposedly the eleven rack has physical controls on the front and you can
run it stand alone.  This would eliminate the need to use the plug in GUI
which 1, I'm doubting is very accessible, and 2, may not work in sonar eight
in the first place.

I'm thinking I could run it into two of the line outs on my motu MK896 MK3
and use it as a stand alone unit to track with?

It also has a dry output jack so you can also record a guitar track for re
amping later.  This is a neat feature me thinks.

So, has anyone seen this unit in action yet?  Got their hands on it?  Any
feedback?  No pun intended.

It's not cheap.  But, I've tried the boss and line six stuff as well as
digitech and none of them impressed me when playing/recording direct.

and before anyone chimes in, (Chris), the axe fx and the other really high
end units are out of my budget.  Hell, even this will take some saving.
She's eight hundred something dollars when you hunt around online.

Thanks,

Cameron.