[ddots-l] Attention Dance Music Fans!

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 15:26:38 -0500

Calling all electronic dance music fans.

I don't know much about dance music. So, since I'm mastering some for a guy in India and there's a lot more if he likes the results, I'd like to gather some opinions from fans of that kind of music.

This link will get you a small zip file containing three mp3 files.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8551100/DanceSamples.zip

They are just called A B and C, and contain approximately one minute of the same track, but with different things done to each. I've made sure they all seem to be the same loudness to avoid people automatically prefering the louder one.

If you regularly go clubbing or listen to this sort of music and have a few minutes, could you take a listen and let me know which you prefer, A B or C? There are no prizes for picking out the one that has had the most done to it. And, don't worry if you don't notice any differences at all. The differences are not drastic.

Thanks in advance for any opinions!

Chris

CTS MASTERING, affordable and professional mixing and mastering: http://www.ctsmastering.com
BLOG: www.ctsmastering.com/blog