[ddots-l] Accessable MIDI software

  • From: "Graham Woodward" <Graham.Woodward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:55:27 -0000

Hi there,

I am new to the list and wonder if anyone can give me some idea of what
accessable MIDI software is available.  I am in the UK and, if possible,
would like to play around with sequencing, virtual instruments, samples
etc.  I have a P4 PC running at 3 GHz. With XP Home and JAWS 6.  I also
have a Roland SCC1 card in a second machine and an old Roland U220.
Ideally I would like to use these but perhaps it is difficult to get
drivers for the latter.

Would it be possible to control the whole system from a synth or
controller keyboard and, if so, have you any suggestions as to which
ones are accessable.  Cost is a problem but I could perhaps build up the
system gradually.

Thank you for reading this long message.  I look forward to hearing from
any of you who may be able to help.

Graham.