[dbaust] ndis rally

  • From: "Trudy Ryall" <trudy.ryall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dbaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Carla.Anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Heather Lawson" <lawsonhj@xxxxxxxxxx>, <m1stevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sarujac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 20:40:29 +1000

Dear all deaf blind community

There is a rally on 30 April Monday about NDIS - National
Disability Insurance Scheme.

Federal Treasurer Wayne Swan reaffirmed the Government's
commitment to delivering the NDIS at last week's ACOSS
conference, while Opposition Leader Tony Abbott committed to
working "constructively" with the government to introduce the
NDIS. There has also been a great deal of speculation about the
Budget.

But it's action, not speculation, that will deliver the NDIS. So
on Monday, April 30, we are holding rallies in six capital
cities around Australia calling on all of our politicians to get
serious and make the NDIS real.

Keep the pressure on by becoming a rally builder for the April
30 rally in your capital city.
We need your help to make this the biggest national event the
disability community has ever seen.

Being a rally builder is simple. All you have to do is talk to
your family, friends, neighbours and work colleagues and get
them to come along to show their support for the NDIS.

When you register to be a rally builder
[http://www.everyaustraliancounts.com.au/rally] we will send you
a pack of materials to help you get the word out. We are closing
registrations at 5pm on Tuesday April 11 so we have time to mail
out packs to everyone. So get in quick to get your pack.

Remember you don't need to register to come along to a rally -
simply find out the details of your nearest rally by visiting
our website. You can also download a flyer to help spread the
word. [http://www.everyaustraliancounts.com.au/rally]

It's great to be positive and hopeful. But we also need to be
strong.

We need to send a message to all our politicians that we will not
give up until the NDIS is introduced for those who need it, for
good.

Come along to the April 30 rally, bring a friend and let's make
the NDIS real. [http://www.everyaustraliancounts.com.au/rally]

Yours,

The Every Australian Counts campaign team

[http://www.everyaustraliancounts.com.au]

P.S. Have you told a friend about the NDIS?

Melbourne

Federation Square

Corner of Flinders and Swanston streets

12 noon

Disclaimer: Dbaust is a free community service.  While reasonable efforts are
taken to ensure that messages are accurate and appropriate in scope, the
moderators are unable to take any responsibility for the actual content of
posts from members or for the actions of list members.

To Leave dbaust, send an email to:
dbaust-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

With "unsubscribe" in the subject or body of the message (without the quotes). Use "subscribe" instead if you want to re-subscribe to Dbaust.
To post to vip-l, send email to:
dbaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Replies to emails on this list will go to the origional sender by default.