[dbaust] Re: iGlasses that vibrate

  • From: Stephanie Mitchell <mumwith2kids@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 20:20:23 +1000

Yes, we did meet a few times in Frankston. How are you? Met Michelle Stephens the other week; it was brilliant!

Steph

From: "claire tellefson" <desktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: "deafblind freelist" <dbaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 14:45:00 +1100
Subject: [dbaust] iGlasses that vibrate

iGlasses Ultrasonic Mobility with clear lenses
The iGlasses Ultrasonic Mobility Aid are glasses you wear and they vibrate
if there are obstacles in the way.

They cost $165.00 and are sold by Humanware.

Objects in your path are detected by the ultrasonic sensors and
communicated via gentle vibrations. As obstacles get nearer the frequency of the vibration will increase. The device is intended as a secondary mobility device to complement the traditional long cane or guide dog

The vibration intensity level can be fine tuned to suit your personal
preference and your current environment

Disclaimer: Dbaust is a free community service. While reasonable efforts are taken to ensure that messages are accurate and appropriate in scope, the moderators are unable to take any responsibility for the actual content of posts from members or for the actions of list members.

To Leave dbaust, send an email to:
dbaust-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

With "unsubscribe" in the subject or body of the message (without the quotes). Use "subscribe" instead if you want to re-subscribe to Dbaust.
To post to vip-l, send email to:
dbaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Replies to emails on this list will go to the origional sender by default.