[dbaust] exercises for people with disabilities

  • From: "Trudy Ryall" <trudy.ryall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dbaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:53:49 +1100

For your information an article about Aerobics classes for the disabled

An aerobics class for people with a disability in Broken Hill could receive
ongoing funding if a trial proves successful.

Local dance teacher Vanda Singh held the first session this week.

Ms Singh says she'll be submitting data and a video to NSW Disabilities
Minister Andrew Constance at the end of the month in the hope of the Step Up
program continuing after that.

"There didn't appear to be too much around ... so I put together a submission
and took it to my local member, John Williams, and he took it down to
parliament and our disabilities minister approved me the funding for a pilot
project," Ms Singh said.

Ms Singh says the class involves a seated and a standing instructor leading
simple, repetitive, low impact moves.

"We have had one class and I was quite surprised at how well and how quick the
participants were able to take up the moves," Ms Singh said.

"It's really good to see and they really, really enjoyed the class. There was a
lot of clapping and high fives and big smiles."

For bookings or more information visit Member for Murray-Darling John Williams'
office in Argent Street.

John Williams MP
Member for Murray Darling
Broken Hill Electorate Office
Email: murraydarling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx This email address is being
protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Phone: 08 8087 3315
Address: 1/142 Argent Street
BROKEN HILL NSW 2880

Trudy Ryall