[dbaust] It's As Easy As ABC - support AD, get involved in a teleconference and give the ABC your feedback

  • From: "Trudy Ryall" <trudy.ryall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dbaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:31:25 +1100

Hello for your information belowTrudy

Dear BCA members,

Please circulate this email to your networks.

With the end of the audio description trial on ABC less than two weeks away, we
are calling on everyone to get involved in our joint campaign to ensure that
audio description on commercial television continues.

Blind Citizens Australia, Vision Australia and ACCAN, with the assistance of
Media Access Australia launched the It's As Easy As ABC campaign calling for
the continuation of AD after the trial officially ends on 4 November. Haven't
sent a postcard to Senator Conroy and Mark Scott yet? Call or email the BCA
National Office and we will get some out to you ASAP. For more information,
visit www.audiodescription.com.au.

BCA Teleconferences - Have Your Say
BCA will also be preparing a report to the Department of Broadband,
Communications and the Digital Economy outlining why AD should continue to be
provided after the end of the trial.  If you are passionate about audio
description on television, I urge you to get involved in a teleconference and
tell us about your experience. Teleconferences will be available to both
members and non-members, so please feel free to circulate this information to
your networks. Five teleconferences have been scheduled, with the first
teleconference to commence next Monday 29 October. We have places left so call
the National Office and register to tell us about your AD experience.

Also, an additional teleconference has been scheduled for people who were not
able to access the audio description trial - this could be because you do not
have access to a digital TV or do not have access to a regular or talking set
top box. This teleconference will be held on Wednesday 7 November from
5.00pm-6.00pm. Details of all teleconferences are contained in the attached
flyer. To register for a teleconference call the National Office on 1800 033
660.

Complete the ABC's survey on audio description use
If you have accessed the trial and not yet provided feedback to the ABC, we
strongly encourage you to do so. The ABC will also be preparing a report for
Minister Conroy's consideration so it is important that the ABC receives as
much consumer feedback as possible so that our voice is heard. If you have
feedback for the ABC on the audio description trial call 1800 616 882 or visit
the online survey. If you are experiencing reception issues call the ABC on
1300 13 9994 or you can leave a comment at the ABC's Feedback and Enquiries
page.

We look forward to your comments and support of this very important campaign,

Jessica

Jessica Zammit
National Policy Officer
Blind Citizens Australia
Ross House, Level 3, 247-251 Flinders Lane, Melbourne VIC 3000

Phone: 03 9654 1400

Mobile: 0437 355 985

Fax: 03 9650 3200

Toll free: 1800 033 660

Web: www.bca.org.au

ABN: 90 006 985 226

DISCLAIMER:

This message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom the message is addressed.  If you
are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the
message to the intended recipient, we advise that you have received this
message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this message and any file attachments is strictly prohibited.  The
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Blind Citizens Australia. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify us by reply message to the
sender and delete the original message and its contents. Blind Citizens
Australia apologises for any inconvenience.