[dbaust] Experiences of Parents with Ushers Syndrome

  • From: Erika Webb <erikaweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Erika Webb <erikaweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 18:59:01 -0800 (PST)

Experiences of Parents with Ushers Syndrome

Karen Wickham of Usher Syndrome Support Group (WA) from facebook.
/www.facebook.com/susanbowls#!/groups/364764059137/

Hi good people,

I am considering doing some research for the upcoming European Conference on
the experiences of parents with Ushers Syndrome. I would appreciate any
thoughts and comments related to your parenting experiences, be it with babies,
young children, school age, young adults or adults.

What have been the challenges, the additional stresses due to your vision and
hearing impairment - how have your children coped - what has helped, what
hasnt, what additional services, education or services would of made a
difference??

I would love to hear about your experiences.

Thanks guys there doesnt appear to be alot of research out there on this topic
- if anyone has come across anything useful or interesting please let me know.

Cheers for now Karen Wickham
Karen.Wickham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>