[softwarelist] Re: OPro RISC OS speech applet oddity.

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:23:30 +0100

In message <061ceed64e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

I've just discovered that the Speech applet has problems with any of
the f-ligature characters. I couldn't make out quite what it was
pronouncing as it was "talking" quite quickly, but it certainly wasn't
"fi", fl", "ff" and so on.

If you are prepared to play with OP script files that should be easy enough to fix.

Looking at the code OP seems to frame up words on the basis of characters being in the ASCII ranges i.e. A to Z, a to z and 0..9 so that would need extending - trivial.

Another point is does Speech understand ligatures? for that matter does it understand characters outside the range above?