[softwarelist] Re: Error message when using a font (OvProW)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 16:05:01 +0000

In message <20101114152921.19369c09@qpc>, Martin Devon <martin.devon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Clicking on Misc -> Preferences gives an error Access Denied
(GetScrollInfo) (5).

Yeah, it's nothing to do with files on disc, it is something like a memory access or access to window data. ISTR this has come up before as the show stopper on Wine, not necessarily this particular window.

I seem to be using Linux more and more. So you never know. It'd not be too bad to do a full Linux version, but I fear for how long it would take. Windows took longer than writing the whole program for RISC OS. If I could put in say three months and finish it, then I would, but three years is not on.

Andy Ling had a problem with a Windows add on a few months back, I think the solution to that might be the solution to the Wine problems. Of course I didn't fix Andy's problem but I came to the conclusion it could be fixed easily.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK