[softwarelist] Re: Decimal Tabs in OvPro

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 20:53:46 +0100

In message <4faa302277andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Conroy <andrew@xxxxxxxxxx> writes

Am I missing something? Is this a known problem? Anyone know any way
round it?

There was a discussion about this a couple of weeks back - I think "centre listing" was the subject. So the best thing is to look back at that here:

//www.freelists.org/archives/davidpilling/05-2008/

At the end of that discussion I pointed out that although you can set the decimal tab character, OP has a built in sense of what constitutes a number - a number consists of the digits 0..9, +, - and the letter e - this is what you're running up against.

The above discussion does show how to not use decimal tabs so may help.