Ottawa: Relayed Hunger Strike Passes the 12 Day Mark

  • From: Media-Update <media-update@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Media-Update <dafa-news-ottawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 14:29:38 -0400

Title: News Release

Media Update For immediate release: September 2, 2001

Relayed Hunger Strike Passes the 12 Day MarkContinued for More Than 10-days

--- Chinese Embassy turnsed a deaf ear to the strongest possible appeal from people?s heart

Ottawa, Montreal - Since August 21, more than 8 people from Ottawa and Montreal have participated in a the relayed hunger strike to send out their strongest appeal in front of the Chinese Embassy in Ottawa: "Release the Falun Gong practitioners in Masanjia labour camp whose lives are in danger".

However, the Chinese Embassy refusesd to even accept the appeal letters from these compassionate people. Meanwhile, 8 more torture-death cases of Falun Gong practitioners have been reported during this period. What kind of government will respond to would answer it?s people?s peaceful appeal with this kind of cruelity?

On September 1, Mary Zhu from Ottawa took over the relay and beganstarted her a 3-day hunger strike. She wrote gave the followinga statement "The Call from My Heart" before she started. (See full text below).

For more information, contact: Hotline in front of Chinese Embassy: 613-255-5166 (Cell),

Lucy Zhou 613-862-7494 (Cell), 613-599-7494,

http://faluninfo.net, http://falundafa.cawww.falundafa.ca

The Call From My Heart - by Mary Zhu, Ottawa, Sept. 1, 2001

I am running a 3-day hunger strike using my pure and unselfish heart to call for justice; to protect and cherish kindness; and to call on Chinese President Jiang?s authority to stop the brutal persecution of Falun Gong. I call for the immediate release of over 100 honest and kind Falun Gong practitioners who are being held in Masanjia labor camp and whose lives are in danger.

I have been practicing Falun Gong for over 4 years, and have deeply experienced its greatness and sanctity. Falun Dafa changed me from a selfish, narrow-minded, and weak person to a selfless, open-minded, and healthy person that thinks of others before thinking of myself.

However, millions of Falun Gong practitioners in China have been inhumanely persecuted just because they appealed to the government. For over 2 years, Jiang?s authority has been persecuting and trying to eradicate these honest and kind Falun Gong practitioners, who are apolitical, using the most evil and brutal ways. They use all kinds of vicious ways like arresting, beating, sending to labor camps, sentencing to prison, burning, raping, arousing other people?s hatred, defaming in the media, and using falsehoods to cheat people.

In such difficult situations, many Falun Gong practitioners stand out bravely and have said to the seemingly powerful authority: I will tell the truth! They could keep their educations, Chinese Communist Party memberships, and jobs if they told the lie; they could avoid losing their homes and being homeless if they told the lie; they could avoid being sentenced and enduring hardships in prison if they told the lie; they could avoid being beaten until they are disabled or even losing their lives if they told the lie. The price for telling the truth is so big and the temptation of telling a lie is so strong. However, for justice, morality, and the beautiful future of humankind, they dare to face the tragic life, dare to face the blood, and step forward bravely. It is their honesty and kindness that makes them endure the grave suffering which is hard to imagine. It is the power of Falun Dafa that makes them not give-in during such big tribulations.

What great and noble moral character, what upright and unselfish devotion! I saw all of the most precious values of being a human?honesty, kindness, selflessness, and indestructibility in them.

I am proud that I am firmly standing with them, because they are writing the most significant history of the 21st century. Their greatness will shock the whole world!

The truth will last forever after going through the hardship!

___________________________________________________________________________ For background on the spiritual practice and the crisis in China, please visit http://falundafa.ca/infocentre. To subscribe, unsubscribe or change the delivery mode, please visit http://mulist.cjb.net ___________________________________________________________________________