[CVARC] Re: Wednesday meeting location & straight key night

  • From: "Paul N. Gayet AA1SU" <AA1SU@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: cvarc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 20:06:18 -0500

*Patrick,*

**

*I won't be able to make it to the Wednesday CVARC Meeting, but your meeting topic reminded me of the ARRL's Straight Key Night starting Monday night at 7 PM.*

**

*Straight Key Night is 00:00 UTC - 2359 UTC January 1.  It's not a contest, so there is not need for quick exchanges. **When participating in /SKN/instead of sending RST before sending the signal report send the letters /SKN/, to indicate your participation, and to clue in passers-by who may be listening that /SKN/is going strong.  After /SKN/, send the Contest Branch a list of stations worked, plus your vote for the best fist you heard (it doesn’t have to be one you worked).  Also, include your vote for the most interesting QSO you had or monitored.*

** *Complete details can be found here: http://www.arrl.org/straight-key-night .*

Paul N. Gayet  AA1SU
ARRL Vermont Section Manager
Fists #4028

On 12/30/2018 3:46 PM, Patrick Schlott wrote:

Good afternoon all,

I hope everyone has had a pleasant holiday, whether on or off the air. As the new year draws closer, I thought it right to announce our new meeting location that will take effect this Wednesday, January 2nd. We will be meeting at the Steak House restaurant at 6pm. Due to scheduling conflicts at the police department, we'll be meeting at the steak house for all meetings in the foreseeable future. I think this will be a positive change of pace for club meetings, as we'll be able to incorporate a meal at the same time as retaining our ability to provide presentations.

For the meeting on Jan 2, I'd like to have a (mostly) straight key night. Got a favorite key with a story or some interesting history behind it? Bring it along for some show n tell this Wednesday night. (Paddles and bugs are allowed as well if you like.)

73 and happy new year!

Best,
-Patrick
President, CVARC