[CVARC] Ham-Con On-Line is this Saturday

  • From: "Paul N. Gayet AA1SU" <AA1SU@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cvarc <cvarc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 20:41:54 -0500

Hello CVARC,
Ham-Con is this Saturday, February 27 from 9 AM to 4 PM.
This on-line Hamfest will be jam packed with several great forums, most of them live.
For instance Gordon West WB6NOA will be there with recordings of distress calls by radio amateurs.
Famous Vermont Ham Tom Perrra, WT1P, will present "Spy Radios and CIA Bugs".
Presenters from the League include David Minster, NA2AA ARRL CEO, Fred Hopengarten K1VR New England Division Director, and the Vice Director Phil Temples, K9HI.

There is too much to present here.  Go to the link in the message below for more details.
I hope to see you there.

73
Paul N. Gayet  AA1SU
ARRL Vermont Section Manager
Fists #4028

HAM-CON ON-LINE is Saturday February 27 at http://www.ham-con.org

Same great forums, flea market and attendees as the live show, with the exception that you don't have to drive in winter! And it costs ..... nothing!

If you are planning to attend, please go to the HAM-CON site and register to attend and to be in the running for door prizes. While there, you can check out the lineup of forums running all day.

You will need a free Zoom account on your computer to fully take part in all the activities. But if you are not set up for this, you can still see many of the forums on YouTube.

HAM-CON is different than other On-Line events in that we have selling rooms and chat rooms where you can do some shopping or else meet up with pals you haven't see in a while. Oh, and if you have stuff to sell, please consider being a vendor. All you need is a table full of stuff and a camera.

So far, we have a couple hundred folks from all over the country registered. We'd like to see more of those rare Vermont hams too!

So go to http://www.ham-con.org and register. If you are already registered, that's GREAT!

Please pass this information to other hams and potential hams you know.

Hope to see many of you at HAM-CON!

Mitch W1SJ