[ctw] moving to assp from CA

  • From: "eimslist" <aklist_eims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 13:32:45 -0400

Hi All: I'm migrating my services to a new colo facility, and part of the move
involves bringing EIMS over to a new server and implementing ASSP to replace
CA2.

I'm moving from a full rack to a 1/4 rack, so I'm consolidating down to as few
servers as possible. Currently I have EIMS/CA2 running on a core duo Mini, and
HastyMail running on an older Mini.

I'm trying to figure out how to allow services to overlap during the
changeover...my most likely scenario is to leave everything in the old
facility, and place a new Mini "server version" in the new facility. Question
is, can I run ASSP/EIMS on the same machine? Is there anything problematic in
doing so other than the CPU load?

TIA, Andrew