[ctw] 554 No SMTPd here

  • From: webcatalog@xxxxxxx
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 14:49:09 -0600

I am sending mail to company A. That is not located on our server.

I have mailserverA that is the main pop/imap mail server.
I have mailserverB that is the ASSP smtp mail server.

When I send mail for companyA why would mailserverB pass it to mailserverA for
sending? Why wouldn't the ASSP mailserverB just send it directly.

I have incoming port 25 closed at my firewall for mailserverA and think this
may be causing an issue when mailserverA attempts to connect to CompanyZ's
mailserver. I would have thought it would be sent via mailserverB.
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw
post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
search: //www.freelists.org/archives/ctw