[csvault] Re: Structures

  • From: Jeremy Wagner-Kaiser <jwagnerk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csvault@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 08:57:22 -0400

Quoting William Ramirez <mercan01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> So what were we discussing earlier?
>
> Ah, yes, setting up the structure. Had any thoughts as to how we go
> about getting things classified in structures?

Well, I really see three ways to go about it.
1) Try to make a comprehensive structure that the admins manage and change as
need be. (could get ugly)
2) Establish a preliminary structure and allow users to build it further. This
could also get ugly, especially if several users disagree on how it should be
structured.
3) A preliminary structure, with a procedure to allow users to suggest new
branches. Or maybe an "add branch" page, and tha admins have to approve its
location.

As for the actual classification, that would likely be best left to the users.
This means a "report wrong location" button at the bottom of the page, so a
misplaced page can be relocated.

--
"There are demon-haunted worlds,
regions of utter darkness" - The Isa Upanished