[cst_board] DQ List

  • From: "Andy and Heidi Mechtenberg" <mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Amanda Nerbovig'" <amanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <MacKenzieL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:21:54 -0600

Amanda and MacKenzie, could you please look over this "cheat sheet" I plan
to have on the inside of our Official's notebooks. I want to be sure it is
in line with how you want to coach. If this seems a good way to describe it
then good - but if you think it would be helpful to break it down into each
stroke, I can do that as well. In particular, I am uncertain if I've
captured the proper terminology for the stroke/kick combination. I was
thinking in terms of descriptions that might be useful to a relative
new-comer to officiating. I would hope we have experienced parents, but
can't guarantee it.

Our plan is to have a notebook for our officials in sync with the timers
lane notebooks. When the runner collects the sheets from the timers, they
will also collect the official's sheets. This way the officials can make
notes of disqualifications without slowing down the meet too much. I still
believe that they should talk to kids as often as possible when there is a
disqualification but sometimes it's hard to catch them.

Additionally, these will be kept and shared with the other coaches for the
training purposes requested.

Any other ideas on how to handle officials?

Thanks!

-Heidi Mechtenberg

CAPS President