[cst_2014_board] Re: CAPS/Coaches Meeting Wednesday

  • From: John Hutton <john.f.hutton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cst_2014_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Amanda Nerbovig <Amanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MacKenzie Lindstrom <mackenziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2014 15:14:15 -0600

Sorry - Already one correction.  See strikeout below...

On 7/5/2014 2:21 PM, John Hutton wrote:

CAPS -

I will need to send a reminder e-mail to the team today about $$ for Monday. This will need to include city fees and waterworld fees. I will try to attach the files to the event so it is clear.

Lisa - Does 1 check work or do we need 2 for this?

Hey All -

I'm sorry I did not take good notes at the Wednesday CAPS/Coaches meeting, so hopefully everyone who was there will help me if I slip any important details.

Amanda and Mackenzie where there. For the CAPS, we had me, Karen, Dan, Trish, and Carol.

  * Reviewed the swimmer/cap situation
      o Coaches highlighted that they need any wet issue to come to
        them.  Having kid 2 overhear and take to parent 3 just does
        not facilitate clearing things up.
  * Coaches have really heard mostly good feedback.  As issues come up
    they try to deal with them.
      o CAPS may have "over insulated" the coaches.  Anything that
        sounds wet at all should go to the coaches immediately and
        they will try to work it out.
      o Parents may feel like they have to make a large effort to talk
        to the coaches.
      o Coaches agreed that they are busy, but will always take time.
      o MacKenzie Amanda will try to be "point contact" for 15 minutes
        before session 1 (6:45-7:00).
      o Amanda MacKenzie will try to be "point contact" for 15 minutes
        at session 2 during dry land (8:30-8:45)
      o Encourage parents to bring issues to coaches
  * Upcoming activities
      o State Roster due soon
      o City $$ collecting next Monday
      o Waterworld $$ collecting next Monday
      o Trish to send dates for items discussed at CAPS meeting so
        coaches and integrate into next Monday's email calendar list
        (popsicle day, city bring-your-favorite-topping at Warren
        park, State week all team pancake breakfast, ...)
  * Anything else?
      o Coaches did not have anything else needed right now.

For any others how made this meeting, am I forgetting anything

Thanks, John