[csdn-sa] Open Source Week - Next Year - When?

  • From: David Lloyd <lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cai-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:15:09 +1030

After Linux.Conf.Au 2004 I will obviously have nothing to do with my time
except twiddle my thumbs. Today I was just walking down Rundle Mall after
having lunch with a few Unix travellers and came up with a bright idea:

 "Open Source Week 2004"

WHY NOT?

A week with:

 * Business showcases hosted by the OSBN-SA
 * Giveaway CDs provided by the CSDN-SA
 * Information seminars aimed at end users
 * Free training

I also envisaged on the Saturday having the:

 * Hands-on open source stall hosted by RecycleIT (aka Computerbank)
 * A give away information stall hosted by the CSDN-SA
 * A business stall hosted by OSBN-SA
 * A user group stall cohosted by Linux Australia, LinuxSA and The AUUG
   [I think we should call this tall the boxing rink]

If anyone thinks this is a REALLY stupid idea (the fact that it will be
tonnes of work to make happen is irrelevant btw) speak up because I'm
going to set the wheels in motion to make this happen...

DSL
--
http://csdn.auug.org.au/