[cryptome] stingray foia success

  • From: Aftermath <aftermath.thegreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 18:48:23 -0700

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/fbi-agreements-with-harris-corpboeing-and-meeting-minutes-re-stingrays-16083/#files

the request that was fulfilled:

To Whom It May Concern:

This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request
the following records:

A copy of all agreements, contracts, memos or emails between the Federal
Bureau of Investigation and the Harris Corporation regarding cell site
simulators, IMSI catchers, "Stingray" devices, "DRTBox" devices or
"KingFish" devices.
A copy of all agreements, contracts, memos or emails between the Federal
Bureau of Investigation and the Boeing company regarding cell site
simulators, IMSI catchers, "Stingray" devices, "DRTBox" devices or
"KingFish" devices.
A copy of all meeting minutes for meetings pertaining to cell site
simulators, IMSI catchers, "Stingray" devices, "DRTBox" devices or
"KingFish" devices.
A copy of all letters, agreements or other documents containing guidelines
or instructions for responding to FOIA requests or equivalent state or
local law pertaining to the Harris Corporation, Boeing, cell site
simulators, IMSI catchers, "Stingray" devices, "DRTBox" devices or
"KingFish" devices.

In addition, I am seeking all processing notes pertaining to my request
which contain remarks, comments, notes, explanations, etc. about the
processing of this request (and appeals or follow-ups, if appropriate).
This is to include any notes made during the processing of the request, any
standard worksheets completed, and any correspondence referencing the
request, including tasking orders, emails, and coordination documentation.

I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as I believe this
request is in the public interest. The requested documents will be made
available to the general public free of charge as part of the public
information service at MuckRock.com <http://muckrock.com/>, processed by a
representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news
gathering and not for commercial usage.

In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would
inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would
prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available
or CD-ROM if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I
look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business
days, as the statute requires.

Sincerely,

Alex Richardson