[cryptome] Wikipedia: Cryptome Site: Bad Editing

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 16:47:28 +0000

Hi John & Deborah,
After reading your "tweet" on "Twitter", I was most annoyed and upset to see just how much careless, and dare I say, reckless editing which has taken place to the Cryptome page at Wikipedia, to the point that very few elements of what Cryptome as an organisation is about, its aims, its functions, its history, its sources, hyperlinks and notes and the personal information about you and Deborah Natsios are now either misleading or don't work. I don't know who is doing it, whether it is a single person up to some kind of mischief, or several people who are working together to discredit Cryptome and your goodselves and its readers and supporters, or some other grouping with ulterior motives whether they are doing it as an act of political sabotage, scuriliousness, because they think it is funnee or for the hype, kudos or credos; or are just getting paid to do it.

After having a bit of a think on it, and having plenty of time on my hands, I have come up with the following proposition and offer of help, which I put forward for you and Deborah's consideration.

I can see that you and Deborah, are very busy, with your fingers in many pies and that the corruption of the site has so annoyed me that I am prepared to help edit the page either back to what it should be, or forward to what it should be. If you and Deborah are agreeable to this please let me know through the mailing list and we will see if we can set up some kind of editing team to counteract and sort this problem out and give those people an informed education on what Wikipedia is about regarding sharing and spreading information and how to develop ideas and which are as accurate and therefore as helpful as possible to their readers, rather than this nonsense which exists on the Wiki site at the moment.
ATB,
Dougie