[cryptome] UK Television Detector Vans: Myth or Reality

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 00:19:43 +0100

Someone asked a question about UK Television Detector vans a while back, which are used for checking out whether someone is watching live television without a licence. Apparently, they have white vans with TV licence detector signs on them, and they go round the streets but they don't have any detection equipment on board...Apparently, the are used as some kind of deterrent reminder.

see url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg5t4jVBemE

This country is definitely going to the dogs, I blame all this privatisation meself. Such deceit, and so openly coming from our betters, people and organisations who should know better than tell porkies to the people...;-) . They will do anything for money.
Enjoy,

P.S. There are a whole load of hilarious videos that go with it, all about people avoiding paying their licence fee. Long arguments with police and private dicks, heady with wrong intelligence. Still, that's the way to do it...police are agents of the people and swear and oath, and are there to protect the people and their rights and keep the peace and prevent illegal entry onto private property as part of our rights...Great stuff!