[cryptome] Silk Road, Bitcoin, Mt. Gox and FBI operatives working for their own financial benefit

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 19:43:02 +0100

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/agent-force-tried-work-bitcoin-exchange-mt-g
ox-collapse/

http://cryptome.org/2015/03/force-001.pdf

One comes to equity with clean hands...A basic principle of English and US
Law. I suppose that when works undercover, one picks up on the education
and learning, the techniques and skills and the morality of one's peers, if
one isn't careful...and it must be very difficult to stay straight, when all
that money ($800,000) is there for the taking. As Oscar Wilde once said,
"The best way to rid oneself of temptation...is to indulge it"... J.

There will be a lot of secret stuff, theories turned into practice; revealed
during this debacle of a case I should think. ... J.

I wonder how much of it will be declassified under the FOI Act? Still it
is much more enjoyable when one has to turn to Cryptome and Wikipedia to get
access to classified information...don't you think... J.

Some folks are saying that so much money was ripped off Mt. Gox by the FBI
that it brought the whole edifice down. The involvement of the law
enforcement agency meant that the criminals lost confidence in the product
and service. One of those unintended consequences perhaps?... J.

Enjoy,